Adding Ramp

Finally coming together :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Something looks very odd about your slope, may be a problem going forward if the topology is ‘unique’.

2 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing. It looks to me like 7 separate pieces, whereas I seem to remember (though it’s been a very long time) my slope only had one long piece.

Am I remembering it incorrectly?

3 Likes

I believe you are right, there is no good reason there should be those triangular effects that I can think of without a wireframe to examine.

If it is several faces of odd shapes It may be a simple as selecting them all and pressing F, to merge them into one rectangle.

1 Like

Ahhh, OK. I was thinking those were showing because of the scene’s lighting, and that the 7 separate pieces I saw were just large Faces, but you may very well be right, and it’s actually 14 large Tris, which could create the strange look.

1 Like

Oh boy, I just noticed what you’re both talking about. I added an edge loop at the top base so that I could have the ramp end on the correct spot with my seven “steps”. Maybe that is the problem?

1 Like

I tried merging the seven rectangles with F, still weird artifacts. Tinkering around now.

1 Like

Sorry for spamming this, I think it was just because I put the point lights in weird places and it made the shadows look like artifacts. I moved the lights and it fixed it :slight_smile: Thank you

3 Likes

Good you sorted it out. Something was odd and I can’t quite see why lighting would affect it. However the wireframe image looks fine.
All’s well that ends well.

Glad you got it figured out, as @NP5 is right in his observation that the wireframe image looks good. :slight_smile:

I messed up on the bottom when I was doing the challenge but asides from that I’m glad I noticed others making the faces with F key deal. I was wondering if there was a quicker way of making the stairs since my original idea was to highlight > Bevel them by highlighting the edges but that ended bad. Woops I noticed I forgot to put in the final edges in to make actual segments/stairs. I fixed that now but posting screen shots has been a process for me as well: screencap > paste in basic art program.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms