Adding Megascan - Unreal 5.1 crashes

So the course looks great but it took nearly 90 minutes to download 28 assets via Quixal Bridge then crashes Unreal 5.1 every time I try and use one of them. Not your fault I know but I’ll be sticking to Unity.

What quality are you using? I’ve found medium is often more than enough. Some hardware has issues with the newer Nanite and larger texture sizes that come with the higher quality megascans. You may want to give the smaller textures a size, and then when the game is complete, import the higher quality versions.

For prototyping, the megascans are not needed, by the time you finish the game, you could replace it all with visually pleasing assets, like megascans.

Tho, if you want to follow the course and use megascans immediately, you should start with the lowest quality for the megascans, especially if your computer isn’t the best or your internet connection isn’t the fastest.
Updating your graphics drivers might also help.

You could also try UE 5.2 which has been live for about just around the time you posted this.
I don’t have any issues with crashing, nor the speed of downloading.

Definitely want to make sure you use the lowest quality megascans if your computer is low specced.

My poor 1660 ti has to be on low scalability to run well with Megascans :sob:

Yeah I love MegaScans, especially that is has 4K and sometimes even higher quality.
You could also just lower the collision quality, if you need collision, the more detailed it is, the more straining.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms