Adding Detail - Franche-Comte house

This has been quite the puzzle, but now I know a lot more about linking, texturing and nodes and noodles. I even found the scissors.
Looking at the render, I realise that I should probably move the little wooden bits back a bit or bring the panels forwards a bit. Well, a long way from finished.

6 Likes

Very impressive. How long did it take you to make this? What was your inspiration?

2 Likes

It’s all about you as a designer. It is a certain building style (Earth quake resistant), so why not?
Maybe change the lighting from point light to sun lamp.

1 Like

Thanks. It took about a week, I think. My main problems have been with scaling/linking and then with the longer beams that had far too many unnecessary connections/sides in strange places. There is one last vertical beam somewhere that is still uncorrected. The roof supports need work. They’re a bit too wonky and some are too long. As for my inspiration, it is this historical house from Courtes in the Ain department in France.

3 Likes

Nice model, and good to have that inspiration to work from.
Grant is a better modelling teacher than History though! You have already spotted the issue with his beams not flat with the infill. You can amend it!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms