Adding AudioSource changes pivot, need help

Adding the AudioSource changed the pivot of the rocket ship, making it had to take off. Even after grabbing all the subcomponents under rocket, moving them independently to reset the pivot (confirmed it was not as far down any longer), the rocket has a hard time taking off. Resaving the prefab and adding it back into the scene didn’t help either. Once the AudioSource component is removed, however, the rocket works as expected.

…and then I added two rockets in the scene, one without sound, and they both worked fine. The one with sound continued to work after removing the other. Not sure why this happened but would like to know why for the future.

…and then I noticed if I save the prefab again by dragging to the prefabs folder the issue happens once more. Seems like a Unity bug but would like to know for sure.

Hi,

Yes, that is very likely a bug. The AudioSource is not supposed to change the pivot meaning the position of the children relative to their parent.

Try to select another game object in your Hierarchy, then click the Play button. If the rocket moves as expected, it is/was indeed a bug.

Thanks Nina, I had the same problem and selecting another object solved it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms