Add Assets Directly to UE5 Project

In the video, Stephen instructs students to create a project using an earlier Unreal Engine version to add the modular building asset pack, then port over to the new project. However, you can add the modular building assets directly, by selecting ‘Add to Project’ then ‘Show all Projects’ and selecting the first person shooter project, then selecting the version control and choosing an earlier version in the drop-down selection.

Doing this will let you click ‘add to project’ and your assets will import without the intermediary step.

1 Like

You can do this but if there’s anything in the project that is breaking, you could cause issues for yourself.

A potential example of this is a vehicle asset based on UE4’s simple vehicle - there’s no equivalent in UE5 and this could stop you from opening your project.

Saying that, using migrate may do this as well. I would recommend backing up your project before doing either of these just in case or keeping it under revision control so you can undo the damage.

im just running through the course with 5.1.1 and looking at the market place, the compatability has been updated to include 5.x .

mine imported straight away, so long as i opened the original project via the File > open method as opposed to double clicking the actual project file to open.

Privacy & Terms