Adapted Big Man to be a Lumberjack

So I started this course as I really needed to model a low poly lumberjack for a game I am making. My character modeling skills are my weakest aspect of the whole project but I am definitly improving from this course. I really like what he looks like but still feel like it could be better, any pointers would be vrey much appreciated.

8 Likes

Well, it’s looking pretty good now. I like the addition of the belt, suspenders and the hat, which a lumberjack would wear.

My only comments are 1) the face mask looks more shaped like his face, but most masks fit a little looser than that so you wouldn’t see the shape of his mouth, and (2) as in your first try, it should be high enough to cover his nose as well. I think loosening up the overall fit, and fixing the height of the mask, should make it look more realistic.

I look forward to seeing the final project. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not a mask but a beard! :grin:

4 Likes

He looks great, well made LP lumberjack, add in an axe but that can be a separate item.

4 Likes

Ohhh, Duh! BangHeadEmoti

In the image on the right it looks like a mask as it would when first modeled. It never occurred to me it was really going to be a beard, but now that you mention it, yes it looks like the start of a mustache and beard.

5 Likes

So I made a little variation with a different beard and no teeth showing (also put them in a little scene, havent done the rigging part of the course yet so the axe isn’t looking like its held properly) I’m still not sure I am happy with the way he looks. I can’t tell if its a case of less is more or if more detail would be better…

really looking for constructive critiscm if any one has any?

Thank you all!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms