Action Combat Game - Issues with hit registration

While going through my course I got to the point where we implement player combat. Even though the course is clear and easy to understand I do have a problem with hit registration. I’ve implemented the code as it was written in the lecture but I’ve noticed that my hitbox is not registering some swings that visibly hit the target (same attack sometimes hit, sometimes miss, even though the character is in the same place). Could you help me out with this?

This is how it looks on my end, you can see that there are gaps big enough to miss the registration.

And this is how it looks like in the course, much more debug shapes are drawn

Hi John,
Can you add this post to the course Q&A please. I will take a look but I don’t check here often and if added the Q&A, I can see the specific lecture and access the relevant source for checking.
The hit system is only designed to register the first hit box for each enemy that is hit and subsequent boxes are supposed to be ignored to prevent multiple hits so the same enemy. If you have forgotten to clear this collection, only the first hit would be registered.
This would be my first guess but a screenshot itself doesn’t work. I’d need to see the actual code.