About 'Welcome To TileVania'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. We'll be taking on Tilemap.
  2. A note about where this section fits within the course.

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Explain to a fellow student roughly what we're building, and why this is awesome stuff to know.

(Unique Video Reference: 1_TV_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

1 Like

We know you guys are serious about refactoring when you even refactor your courses!

3 Likes

@Rick_Davidson This is a general comment for the whole course. When you redo the audio for the 2D only course, you should mention why using a [SerializedField] is a good idea, and maybe even what it is for those that have not seen it before.

Great point, I totally will do that.

1 Like

This game doesn’t cover the water level going up during the level as mentioned in this lecture.

Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll put it on my list to record a lecture where we cover the moving water. Essentially you just create a new layer with a large sprite (with collider) which slowly increases its y value to move up the screen.

Did you mean another active tilemap instead of using the existing existing, a new one called moving hazard?

Yes, thats right. Sorry, I meant “tilemap layer” not “large sprite” (I’m currently working in the Block Breaker section and everything is about sprites, not tilemaps!).

I created it and is working fine, except there is one small problem. When I hit water sometimes the player dies, other times it doesn’t and I am able to walk on water. Here is my new tilemap, i created a new sorting layer, but used the hazard layer.

Here is my script:

Able to walk on water==>

PS:- using composite collider fixed the problem.
Thank you Rick for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, well done!

Privacy & Terms