About 'Viewport Navigation & Transforms'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. How to navigate viewport
  2. Edit actor transforms
  3. Create & save new level

After watching (learning outcomes)…

How to navigate and work with actors inside viewport

(Unique Video Reference: 3_MR_UBP)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I’m using Unreal 4.20.3, but I’m seeing a difference from what is in the lectures. When I save the current level, it is not placed into a Maps directory, it is placed in Content. In other words, the Path in the Save Level As dialog is /Game, not /Game/Maps. I may have missed something that changed this, but I’m wondering if there is a default settings file that can affect these settings? It’s a small thing, but having the levels saved to a different path could cause confusion later in the course.

It’s the same in 4.21 as well.

This might help although it just changes the default folder for new projects and not the save level.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/99580/how-to-change-the-saved-folder-location.html

I think creating the folder was a missed step. I had the same problem and didn’t actually rewatch either. When you save you can choose a folder so I just resales after creating the folder. I am running 4.21 as well. Figured I would just deal with any possible differences if they exist or install 4.20.3 if we have major differences.

I have no idea why it did this for me. I’m going to clean up this part of the video so we can avoid this issue for future students. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Is there an easy way to spin the scene?
I could fly through this course if I could just get the viewport to spin - like the lid of a jar. I can get the platform to spin 180, but then the light and the camera and everything else is in the wrong spot.
Please, what key strokes make the scene spin around so I can go from looking at the back to looking at the front.
Thank you.

I think this is a super late reply, but are you might want to try holding Left ALT and the Left Mouse button as this will allow you to rotate.

Privacy & Terms