About 'Texturing Basics End Of Section Challenge'!

bec_s02_texturing_basics_end_of_section_challenge

1. Go through your scene and texture the surfaces
  2. Use textures that you think complement the surface
  3. Use image based textures, generated or a mix
  4. Did you know that volumetrics can be textured?

(Unique Video Reference: 29_TB_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Bridge and a dragon in the dark :

I haven’t finished viewing this entire lecture as I have stopped to do the challenge. Here is my scene of a Castle with the fog rolling in (yes, I used a procedural texture on the volumetrics). The only thing I cannot get to look right is the moon I have in the background. It has a moon texture on it (image) and I have a sun lighting it. But the sun is also lighting the scene so I cannot bring the strength up enough to show the moon without having it wash out the effect of the scene. I have tried an emission material on the moon but it turns the moon purple and I loose the image texture. I know I should be able to do this but I have not been able to figure it out, yet.

Castle In Fog Scene:

Here, I finally figured out a way to get the moon to look right in the scene. And I changed some lighting to make more of a view of the castle itself.

I went a little off book and made an entirely new scene. I will admit it took much more than an hour, but I got to put everything I learned in this section to use!

Trying to Stay Warm in the Mountains:

I wasn’t happy with the street lamps in the beginning. But after having added the brick texture, I quite like the contrast to the modern style street lamps.