About 'TextureProgress Nodes'!

In this video (objectives)…

1 How to use TextureProgres nodes 2 How to change values in the inspector and have them reflected in an already running game

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Unleash the power of TextureProgress nodes!

(Unique Video Reference: 26_HM_GDT)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

sighting

I not sure if the Aussie theme is working with the alien theme. Unless if I give him a cork space hat. Must have some blowies is space yea?

1 Like

This lecture was much more helpful than the official GUI documentation that I used trying to get a health bar into the project I’m working on between Heist Meisters videos.

I’m still confused about what exactly CenterContainer does. In the examples I’ve seen, it doesn’t seem to matter if I use one or not. For example, here’s a health bar I was trying to make with a heart icon in a TextureRect and a bar in a TextureProgress:

It doesn’t matter whether I put the HSplitContainer inside a CenterContainer or not. Both versions look pretty much identical. What I was hoping CenterContianer (or some other container) would do is to center the TextureRec and TextureProgress vertically, so the icon and health bar line up instead of having the progress bar so much higher. I haven’t found any way to do this, and wound up having to modify the sprites to have the same height.

At any rate, I enjoyed this video. Here’s the new GUI from my side project:

1 Like

It looks like both HSplitContainers are set up to be the full width of the CanvasLayer. If they are, you won’t be able to see if they’re centered or not What I’m seeing is NinePatchRect2 has elements that are centred hat take up the whole sceen, within which there’s an HSplitContainer.

(Also, I was wrong in the video. Use HBoxContainer - that gets rid of the mouse draggy thing)

1 Like

Privacy & Terms