About switching to the 3.0 version of blender

Hi,

I started taking this course 6 months ago and now version 3.0 released (yeah i am a slow learner :grinning: :sweat_smile: )

here is one of the first renders of mine on cycles in 1.5 minute (with render settings viewport set as 6 version 2.92)

and this is from version 3,0 blender (viewport 300 - 5 minutes)

Will you update the course for blender version 3.0? (viewport samples 6 - 1.3minutes)

Final render is way better right? I’ve seen using version 3.0 will improve cyles and I will try to keep you posted about my pc’s limits I guess :slight_smile:

Will be waiting for feedbacks and thoughts about switching the newest release :relaxed:

Thanks,

3 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t stare blind about the differences of 2.9 vs 3.0.
I would stick to the 2.9 version used in the course.
Most 3.0 features are nice to have.
But learn the basics first, which can be done in 2.9 and 3.0.

2 Likes

That’s a wonderful tip! I see I still have a lot to learn :smiley: :sweat_smile:

At this part of the learning stage, I think the difference between 2.9 and 3.0 doesn’t matter. Sure if you want to use 3.0 for faster or better renders using Cyles X, go ahead. But it’s not like 3.0 has a shed load of features that 2.9 doesn’t. It’s good to stay up to date with newer versions, but right now, just focus on learning new things and don’t worry about the beeeeest quality or performance. I’m still on 2.9 and people who have done much greater things than me have done it on older versions, so it doesn’t really matter until you get the experience.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies :bowing_man:, i could see i am on the right place to share thoughts. I will definitely follow the course in 2.9 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms