About 'Setting Up The Camera'!

Some of you are so inventive. Great Ideas!

Here is my take. It took me a while to figure out how to save a png file because 2.8 is a bit different even in that respect. But, I did get it to work.

My question is: What engine is actually rendering the scene is it Eevee or Cycles? I think, though I am not sure that the answer is Cycles and that Eevee is just an internal rendering engine.

2 Likes

Actually, Eevee is rendering the viewport and the final render. When you go to the Render tab on the properties panel (the camera icon) you can select the render engine you want.

It also took me a while to find this, as previously it was on the top bar at Blender 2.79!

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t know that! :slight_smile:

HDR always makes better lighting

14 Likes

1 Like

bridge

2 Likes

I figured I would just use the observatory from the early lectures. I really like how it turned out!

The stars are just small spheres with an emission material

7 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but controlling the camera is much easier IMO of course, if you do the following. Press number pad zero to bring up the camera, then press N and look down towards the bottom of menu and you will see a check box Lock camera to view. You can move the camera around the same way you position your scene. Nothing new to learn and when your finished you can untick the box and then scroll in with mouse wheel to position the render screen closer or further away.

3 Likes

setting my camera

I tried the fancy stuff, and just got frustrated, so just tried to make lighting realistic

1 Like

Just a sort of monument thing.

3 Likes

So far what I’ve learned from you guys.

4 Likes

at first I was just gonna throw an island down at the end of the bridge but decided that that wasn’t quite good enough. So I revisited an old project, faffed about a bit, and imported the model. The textures didn’t come across though so that’s something to look forward to figuring out…

1 Like

@jakarta how do you get this good? Plus, how did you use an HDR? I just tried using one, but it did not work at all!

Here’s my derpy ending :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Caleb_Leavesley here my hdr image
but playing aroud this settings)

Privacy & Terms