About 'Setting Up Material Studies'!

playing with textures
UV%20Textures%20-%20003

1 Like

These were my results. :slight_smile:
I used both Eevee and Cycles engines for the scene.

Eevee:
eevee_tex_study

Cycles:

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Using Eevee here. I need to tweak the objects …
Three of the six, did render immediately. The others I needed to create an UV map.
I used 3 basics object; cube, Ico sphere and Cone.
And three special (needed to add UV map); meta Capsule, a Torus knot and my own Bender statue project.

2 Likes

Since there is a minor difference in how materials are viewed between flat shaded and smooth shaded objects, I decided to do 14 objects, the 7 on the left are shaded flat while the 7 on the right are shaded smooth.

While they look extremely similar there are some minor differences, such as the smooth objects seem to get more occlusion shadowing, or however the edge shadows are called

2 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I went with the both smooth and flat option as well. Eevee is enough for this and using a 4K render still gives enough detail to look into:

1 Like

Rendered with Eevee. I had a quick go at creating a procedural texture for the ground plane, somewhat similar to the cracked earth texture.

1 Like

I changed the Mapping Scale for some of these as they were not looking convincing enough.

Most rock are not that shiny (diamonds …)
When you add the displacement modifier it will be much better.

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey hey! Used only the Cracked-earth texture . the cylinder texture done a bit differently .

the objects are not spaced equally ,but made it best for the camera view ( in my eyes hehe ).also have a Q here. Is it a standard node setup as <<texture coordinate -mapping<<these 2 need to be there? thanks

1 Like

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms