About 'Repeating The Last Operation'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Learn a new work flow technique
  2. Only the previoUs operation, no more
  3. How to repeat a series of operations in a row.

After watching (learning outcomes)…

You will be able to work more proficiently when working on projects that require repeatition.

(Unique Video Reference: 13_GS_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Needs some light but good for now.l

3 Likes

Whoops i went a different route entirely but to be honest i kinda wanted the block effect as it is similar to the castle up the road from me.

I went in with cubes and used subsurface and boolean modifiers to tidy up.
Future students. Dont worry if you didnt do my method i went overkill :slight_smile:

1 Like

simple quad-based portcullis:

4 Likes

Da-da-da-duuummmmm…

3 Likes

Tried to do a chunkier one based on images on Google…

portcullis.png

1 Like
  • Linked Duplicates and repeated last action
  • array for the knobs

Hi to all the names, I recognize from the other courses :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Useful information here! Nice to know…

I had to look up the term Portcullis as I was not aware of what that meant. I did not know (or probably remember) that from school. At any rate I got a bit of an education in castle design and defense.

Here is my portcullis:

Portcullis

1 Like

edit:
Added some depth-of-field and put a bevel modifier on the portcullis (because nothing is perfectly angular)

Here is my portcullis. I had some inspiration and decided to use some animation skills I learned from Mikeys other courses.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Every time I tried Pasting into script, I kept getting errors, I tried everything nothing works.
Maybe work is being done on current revision of 2.8

I thought it was cool to learn just a little of behind the scenes, and buzz kill only errors

Posting pic of errors

1 Like

I get the same errors as @TheOutlawPetey… Can anyone help?

I believe it’s the Blender Python API undergoing some work that has broken this at the moment. Hopefully it will be resolved soon :slight_smile:

Like TheOutlawPetey, I had some problems with Python not doing what was expected so ended up repeating a few ‘multi-step’ steps manually. Meh, that’s what I get for gettin’ fancy :confounded:

Not sure what in the world I’m gonna do with it but here’s my Portcullis. Feel free to steal it if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: I also used this exercise to play around with the stupidly complex node that loads by default as i didn’t want to mess up the materials in my bridge scene.

1 Like

I like that design I could see it being used on a Gothic themed prison!

I am also getting these errors. It’s a real pain. Still looking for fix?

The animaiton looks amazing @bjhackne11! Did you alter the material on the doorway to make it more scrunched? I think I’ve had that happen to me accidentally a couple of times (especially in Unreal) and it REALLY, REALLY is a pain. Maybe merging your doorway and walls would fix it (If it’s even a problem :slight_smile: )?

AAAAAAANNNNDDDDDD… HERE IT IS!!! I’m actually proud of this one.

3 Likes

That’s really cool!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms