About 'Procedural Study Spheres'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Using some basic spheres
  2. Build up a small collection of studies
  3. Use a mixture of generated and baked textures

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Have a better understanding of what the generated textures look like.

(Unique Video Reference: 7_PW_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Procedural Spheres :

4 Likes

This was fun. I did notice that you can really add up the vertices count if you don’t keep an eye on the subdivision surface when you are playing around. Luckily, I did not have a crash thanks to your comments about being careful! The lecture was well presented and I found no problems in understanding what was said.

Here are my cube to sphere displaced textures. And every little tweak of the settings made many differences.
My%209%20Displaced%20Textured%20Cubes

6 Likes

Reeeallly nice spheres above!
Here are mine. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Coloured mine in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Here are my study spheres.

2 Likes

With this challenge I started to ask myself: “Is it possible to complete the fun of playing with modifiers to make a simple finished image that can be shown to friends etc.” Kind of simple efforts to get an instant WOW effect. So used some textures and shaders - both my own and freebies I found around, HDRI maps, lights, camera placement etc. And here what I come up with:

1. A porcelain fern flower
  2. Art iShock
  3. Space object QN-5931
    Photoshop used only to combine objects in one image and minimize the size of upload.

4 Likes

Those are amazing examples!

Another set of spheres:

2 Likes

just few of them

67-challenge

2 Likes

It was fun, but it led to some crashes.

3 Likes

Now I have a craving for chocolate! Nice.:brown_heart::brown_heart:

Very enjoyable and fun to make. No crashes at all

1 Like

there was an inclarity with what modifier to aply as he didnt say wich one , but on the whole it was a great lesson. :wink:

From here:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.80/editors/texture_node/introduction.html
This was sad:
“Note: The texture node system is legacy and will be replaced soon by a new system. Due to this, the manual is not up to date with the latest version of Blender.”
I could not get the texture node editor to do anything, which kinda limits displacement to the flavors available in the texture “Type” drop-down… :cry:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Privacy & Terms