About 'PostProcessing Materials'!

• What is a material?
  • Creating a post processing material.
  • Overview of the nodes we need.
  • Creating a tunnel vision effect.

(Unique Video Reference: 12_AE_VR2)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I was able to do it like this. I mostly did trial and error as far as my constants go. I found that the method of testing new numbers by increasing them by at least one order of magnitude really helps understand what they do. After that I’ll try to fine tune and hone in on the best values.

1 Like

Amazing work, well done! It can be so hard to tackle a new subject like materials.

Continuing the discussion from About 'PostProcessing Materials'!:

Mine seems to have some unnecessary nodes compared to @Diefleder which I later removed, but it does the job. Like the above, I also inverted the density so that the strength parameter makes more sense (higher number increases strength).

Also, I guess that the reason my material display also has the tunnel effect is due to the link from ScreenPosition to the PostProcessInput0 node?

Here’s my quick material for this effect. It seemed to do the job, but looked weird in the HMD. I felt like I was in a cheap VR headset where the lenses don’t quite line up - and could be headache inducing I imagine with the brain trying to line up the images.

Privacy & Terms