About 'Online Texture Sources'!

bec_s02_online_texture_sources

In this video (objectives)…

1. Where to get pre-made textures from.
  2. What cc0 means
  3. What resolution do you need?

After watching (learning outcomes)…

You will be able to use the interest efficiently to find appropriate textures for your scenes

(Unique Video Reference: 18_TB_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Bridge with frozen lake:

Very good to get suggestions as to where to get textures, I really like that!!
However - @Michael_Bridges … I do believe that the normal texture actually came out inverted at the end of the video. If you look closely, it looks like the mortar is kind of “coming out” of the texture, while the bricks themselves are more “indented”… so to speak. Am I right?

Anyway - here is my little archway. Since I made the original mesh a bit too complex for my UV mapping handling, I have not done all the details, but am satisfied with the result nonetheless.

Eevee - really cool with the “bloom” feature:

Cycles - looks a bit duller this time:

Alright, now it looks a great deal more realistic, but the little problem my UV maps of the Arch were showing finally came to the front. When I tried to add a displacement modifier and put in a displacement image. But when I added the subdivision subsurf my Arch got covered with a face at a 45 degree angle. It looks like this:

Without the subdivision subsurf it looks like this:

Boring

Better)