About 'Material Inputs: Texture Coordinate'!

Things are getting real! Nice submissions here. :sunglasses:

Kept it to a single plain and single material for the beach. The node setup got a bit out of hand as a result… The only grouped bit is for the waves (also used for displacement bake)

I used the “sunrise” HDRI that comes with blender.

1 Like

really nice beach ball scenes

I thought the original scene was a beach ball in water. So, I went with water instead of sand. It looks like a lot of you did as well. I see some really nice work out there. Modeling water was the most interesting part of this exercise - especially because I’ve never done water before.

1 Like

1 Like

You mud ground is excellent!

My piece of beach, not perfect but had a lot of fun employing the techniques taught in this section of the course.

1 Like

Good lecture thanks. Trouble with the lighting on this to get the water blue. Used another colour ramp instead of the RGB node.

1 Like

Tiny world:

3 Likes

I also used two vertex groups to control different displacements for the water and sand sections. Amazing how much you can get out of Blender without using a texture (for the beach part)!

2 Likes

This was a fun one

3 Likes

I really like the water to beach transition. Maybe you’ve rendered in eevee …
But the ball casting shadow could use some rework.
Also, the ball is probably wet. And therefore shiny and sun reflective …

2 Likes

Yeah I felt the ball was a bit off

1 Like

Yeah I used eevee as well

1 Like

I’m late to this party but here it is lol. Fun Section :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice foreground to background integration.
Beautifull water reflection.

1 Like

Material inputs Beach ball

3 Likes

Great water beach transition.
love the reflection on the water.
Very nice results!

1 Like

3 Likes

Toome, it looks like a space scene. Blue sky, water not recognizable.

1 Like

I spent a while putting some of the different parts I’ve learned in the course together for this one, and I really like how it turned out. I added a water plane to continue on from the wet sand, as I didn’t realise the wet sand was supposed to become water! Oops!

I used Cycles with the Nishita sky texture for the rendering.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms