In this video (objectives)…

1. Learn about the Object Info node
  2. Extract information from it so we can use the
  3. Use the Color Ramp for better visuals

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Be able to use a object world position to control our materials

(Unique Video Reference: 15_PW_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

1 Like

I left my cubes at the default size of 2X2 blender units. I don’t remember you saying to change them to a size of 1 blender unit. So, it made a bit of a challenge in getting the math notes correct. (Well, it wan’t really a very big challenge.) I did separate XYZ to using the Z axis and I did Subtract a value of 1. Then, I divided by 8 (2 blender units per cube. The result looks the same but each cube is 2 blender units in size.

I am not sure what kind of practical use this would be but it was fun to try and figure this out!

1 Like

You’ll see in a bit when I have made this simple setup later.

Also you can now create cool stuff that fades away into the distance or “cools down” like here:

5 Likes

WOW that does show the possibilities.

This was a real quick one. :slight_smile:

I went a little past 5 cubes to make Rainbow Cubes!

1 Like

3 Likes

And once again, a lot of fun to do!

3 Likes

This a simple one in terms of the lecture. A combination of another tutorial with “Generated” output from the Texture Coordinates node as learned from this lecture (just default, no other nodes used).

You Tube Video

I had some difficulties, because I wanted to work fast.
The idea was to build one cube and use the array modifier to duplicate (to be more flexible).
Because the origin of all the cubes (controlling the colour) was the first one. So no colour change at all.
Then I was looking for a solution, like object ID, sequence number or something like that. But nothing. Maybe you know a trick.

My group input parameter was a number of cubes in the array.

Happy rendering.

That’s an awesome question. I have had similar thoughts and I don’t think what you are asking is possible without some scripting.

I have often want a particle system distributed via a particle system, but that type of nesting is also not currently possible.

1 Like

good tut.

This would be great for demo of toys in a range of colors. Great lecture thanks!

2 Likes

belt

I was going to do balls but assignment called for cubes so I went another route :smiley:

3 Likes

Oops I’m going to redo this XD

Why?

The assignment may have called for stacked cubes but I think your animation does a wonderful job of showing the conceptualization of what you learned in this lesson in an original way. Two thumbs up, I wish I had thought of doing something like that!

1 Like

small rainbow

Only because the object was to do the math right to accomplish the stack :smiley:

4 Likes

You Know Giving Default Cubs Power To Change Colour Was a Bad Idea ,
Now They Are Taking Revenge Of Being Deleted So Many Time,
See What They Did

They Broke My Lamps One Arm
2 Likes

I kept it simple with a pyramid. Since I’m an addict to Cycles rendering I added a second viewport with 256 passes (not really real-time anymore) and added reflectiveness for viewer pleasure :wink:

2 Likes

Falling objects
stack of block 007

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms