About 'Making the Pitch'!

In this video (objectives)…

1 Working in 3D 2 Creating a MeshInstance node 3 Creating a simple material

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Create simple meshes and apply materials to them

(Unique Video Reference: 3_CK_GDT)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Godot ball on svg pitch

1 Like

Very cool! I’m digging the SVG pitch!

(Fun fact - in the first prototype I had the Godot face as the ball texture too!)

Should I be concerned about this blueish tint that’s showing on my pitch? I’m assuming this is normal, but it there’s no tint color in the video.

It’s perfectly normal - I accidentally deleted my default environment (which I fix later in the section). It’s because there’s blue ambient light but no other light.

Ah I asked this same question here Pitch displays with a blue colour overlay - glad I read this thread :slight_smile:

Here’s mine:
I changed the setting a little … it’s now camels in the desert kicking balls into carpets :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
6-stable_win64_2019-04-02_01-26-57

I put in an HDRI from HDRIhaven into the environment and played around with the directional light settings a little because I had trouble with them. To me it looks best with orthogonal shadows instead of PSSM and contact set to 0.5 since the shadows didn’t begin at the camels feet. I fiddled around with the bias settings, but mostly got weird results.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms