About 'Level Exit Portal'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Create a level exit portal sprite.
  2. Create coroutine for loading next level.
  3. Set up build scene indexing.
  4. Load next scene when player enters portal.

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Load the next scene when the player enters a portal.

(Unique Video Reference: 26_TV_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Here’s my end of level celebration. I need to tidy it up and make the actual scene transition less jarring but this is just the first pass.

We have fireworks (particle system) and slow mo (altering Time.timeScale);

7 Likes

I threw together a quick portal in GIMP and gave it an idle and grow animation.

5 Likes

So good!

2 Likes

Love it!

Having a weird issue where my level exit isn’t showing up in play. I can interact with it and if I run through it the level will change, but the Sprite itself isn’t showing up in the game despite being visible in the scene and being interactable.

Check that you have it on the correct layer and that you have your layer ordering correct. If you’re interacting with it but cant see it, then its most likely being rendered being everything else.

Entering and leaving the level. With style.

4 Likes

very cool :smiley:

Here is my portal, which sucks the player to the next level.

5 Likes

Wow , your portal looks awesome!

I tried to do a little particle effect portal. This is what I came up with.

2 Likes

This is my portal so far.

3 Likes

Cool work guys

Hey guys,

The portals I used can take you back and forth between scenes.

At the beginning of the video, you’ll see some triangle nodes along the left and right edges. The green ones take you to a different scene, and the red ones are where you are placed at when coming to this scene from a different one.

I attached a “Teleporter” script onto the green nodes and provided two parameters:
1). the name of the scene that you are teleported to;
2). the name of the (red) node on which you’ll be placed on that scene

When teleporting, I didn’t make any eye candy (: nor did I use a Coroutine to induce a delay. However, I did use a Coroutine to do a fade in/out transition, and the actual scene change takes place in the middle (at the end the “fade out” part).

I wanted to do a “shift” from one scene to the next, but because you can’t have two scenes at once, that posed a challenge, haha! I may have a look at additive scene loading or copying screen images into textures once I learn more about Unity (:

~ C. out.

2 Likes

This is my portal :

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms