1. Learn how to use viewport view modes
  2. How to add lights to your level
  3. Understand the difference between precomputed and dynamic lighting
  4. Disable auto exposure effect

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Add lights and use precomputed or dynamic lighting

(Unique Video Reference: 2_CC_UBP)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

1 Like

I enjoyed this lecture. One thing I wanted to comment on, is when I clicked on “View Mode” and changed the setting to “Unlit”, I still couldn’t see my box. Not until I looked to the right under my brush settings. Even though on the left I clicked on “Add” for my geometry, the brush type was set to “Subtractive”. Once I changed it to “Additive”, I could see my box. It may be a very basic thing for some, but it took me a few minutes to figure out, and thought maybe this could help someone else :slight_smile:
I love the course so far, thank you very much for it :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! Seems like a strange one that I haven’t come across myself yet. Just to confirm, if you’ve dragged out a box brush and it was subtractive you would never see the geometry regardless of the viewmode. It will just show the edges making up the shape of the box.

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Yes, I could only see the edges of the box, and then when you made yours “visible”, and I couldn’t, I had to stop the video, and see where my issue was. I tinkered around and found it, then finished the video, and what there is of the course thus far.
The course is very easy to follow and understand. Also, the content is “sticking to me”, which I think will make the C++ with Unreal course easier to follow later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone have any clues as to why the Geometry Editing mode doesn’t let me extend my box? It did in Marble Run now all the sudden will not

Having the same problem here, did anyone find a way to resolve this?

Thanks a lot for the wonderful lecture!
After watching the lecture, I have been able to make my own ‘Blockout Level’ but I’m confused with one thing.
In ‘MarbleRun’ game, after creating the Maze from the Geometry shapes, you have converted them into ‘Static Mesh’, here you have not done.
Is it necessary to convert all these Geometry objects into ‘Static Mesh’?

Actually, I got issues with the Level Blockout, after watching the lecture ‘Adding Torque’ to the static mesh of BP_PlayerPawn.

Would you provide me the link to explore further between the basic difference between the object converted into Static Mesh and basic Geometry object not being converted into Static mesh?

Thank you!
:smile:

Privacy & Terms