About 'Joining Curve and Mesh Data'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Understand that you can convery curve data into mesh data
  2. You can then manipulate it even further

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Be able to usefully convert curve data into mesh data

(Unique Video Reference: 15_SG_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I understand what curve data is and your lecture makes it clear how to convert it to a mesh. What I am having a hard time with is the Challenge. I am not sure exactly how this information is useful for changing the cube from a cube to say a tree stump. I have stopped at the challenge point of this lecture and don’t understand how to use the information you have presented in order to complete the challenge. I could just watch the rest of the lecture to find what solution you took but it should be clear before the challenge as to what needs to be done.

I appreciate all you have done in this course but I am a bit confused on this challenge.

After watching the challenge section of the lecture, I see you didn’t mean to combine or join objects necessarily to set up the scene with Suzanne. You were more interested in using the Bezier curve to convert to a mesh in order to make something useful as a platform for Suzanne. After realizing that, I came up with the following scene:

1 Like

1 Like

Two stumps are better than one as they say in Monkey World.

CurveMonkey

4 Likes

So I absolutely cheated making this stump :slight_smile: I’m just not the kind of artist that can draw that kind of thing. Instead, I found an interesting reference image and used a cylinder for the shape and did some displacement.
B2-80_BE_Challenge_63_(JoiningCurve%26MeshData)
I still need to work on a couple of the vines and then work on my tree bark material but I’m happy with how it’s coming together.

4 Likes

S4L98_Tree_Stroke_3
A few of the last lessons combined - now it starts to look like a Chinese painting.

1 Like

1 Like

Good lecture. I tried joining the cube and the curve together, after several messy tries it worked. The pedestal texture is ‘Wire Musgrave’ from the Material Library VX add-on.

3 Likes

Now I need to finish the lecture to refine this skill.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I just drew a somewhat random border shape and used the Screw modifier to extrude that into a marble table. Add two glowing monkeys and done!

3 Likes

Very nicely done too!

1 Like

Monkey king chair

4 Likes

3 Likes

I tried a tree but it looks like a lego piece, good for foilage thought.

3 Likes

Its a start

3 Likes

Looks a bit like vertebra.

3 Likes

that’s the plan

1 Like

Privacy & Terms