About 'Glitch Garden Game Design'!

In this video (objectives)… 1. Discussion of game overview screen and core features. 2. Demo of the game prototype.

After watching (learning outcomes)… Super clear on the game we are making.

(Unique Video Reference: 2_GL_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

Thank you for updating the next section of the course!

I have a question about creating assets - any guidelines around what size the assets we create should be at? Should it be a function of the resolution we want the game to run at?

1 Like

The glitch assets are all different sizes but I think the average size is about 140x160, I think. The fox sort of lies down so he’s more like 160x140. Smaller critters like the butterfly are 100x100.

If you are making all of your assets from scratch, I would recommend 64x64 or 64x128.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Anthony!

Hello Guys! after 11 months break i have decided to comeback to glitch garden for second time(but this time this section got updated) and i got 2 questions:
1 - What is the min and max sprite site, because the last time i tried, i made each sprite around 1000x1000 px but it still look pixelated. am i missing something?
2 - is it a good idea to use drop shadow effect on the sprite before importing to unity?
if no, is there a way to put drop shadow effect on our sprite after importing them in unity?

Privacy & Terms