About 'Generating Combinations'!

In this video (objectives)…

1 Create a node responsible for generating all combinations on a level 2 use return to send the combination to whatever function asked for it

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Take advantage of Godot's Object Orientation to make a node that generates all combinations!

(Unique Video Reference: 22_HM_GDT)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I liked this video’s emphasis on making a small change and testing it in isolation before adding it to the main level. I like to work in small, incremental bits, testing as I go – exactly as this video does. I find that works much better than making a lot of changes at once and then trying to test it in the context of the main program.

1 Like

Definitely. I try and make sure that each video has a clear win moment by the end - so the student can look at their progress at the end and see that they’ve made tangible progress. With some of the recent videos that means going a little longer than normal (we want to see the lock door work, after all). But with this one I figured a simple proof of concept that was demonstrably ready to be plugged in would work.

Glad you liked it!

Privacy & Terms