About 'Fixing Visual Studio Problems'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Checklist for troubleshooting if Visual Studio seems to be not working properly.

After watching (learning outcomes)… Armed with knowledge on how to fix Visual Studio problems.

(Unique Video Reference: 3b_NC_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I didn’t watch this as I have mine working just fine, but I’ve found if I have downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2017 separately, I should reboot the computer before attempting to install a new version of Unity for the VS2017 installation to be detected correctly.

1 Like

Hi Rick, even though I bought this course a long time ago, I started it a few days ago, and I have to say that is great.

I´ve installed unity 2019 with VS2019.

I have a little question for you regarding fixing VS, when using Debug.Log it doesn´t looks like the instellisense is recognising it and no autocompletion is working, just for that one right now. Is there any way to fix this or to add it to a list?

I have to say that I’ve already checked every suggestion you made in this video.

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, if you’ve tried everything I’ve already suggested then I’m not sure what else might help. One thing you could consider is using Visual Studio Code, we used it for the RPG course and I quite liked it. It is essentially the same as VS Studio but may behave better for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply to my question, I will try that VS code, and I will be glad to do the RPG course, my whole life I´ve been very interested in becoming a game developer.

1 Like

Everything worked using VS 2019 but, In solution explorer opened assets there’s no scenes.
Sorry if my english is bad. :grinning:
GameDev

GameDev 2

Privacy & Terms