About 'Exaggeration'!

• Animated motions that strive for an imitation of reality can look dull and lack character
  • Can but subtle and take reality to an extreme
  • Can be over the top for a more comical effect
  • Show restraint, push it and then dial it back a little
  • Otherwise the viewer can become overwhelmed

(Unique Video Reference: 23_AP_BCC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I liked the presentation of Exaggeration in this lecture. It made excellent sense of what exaggeration means. I really don’t think any thing needs to be expressed any better than what you have shown and discussed here. Thank you!

1 Like
1 Like

Very cartoon like!

1 Like

It’s not easy to offer suggestions about this course as it is so well put together.

I am really enjoying the last few lectures as, with this content Michael seems to be freed up from teaching all the step by step technique and can focus more on the artistic side. How to add pathos and meaning to animation rather than just the mechanics.

When you first begin Blender the learning curve is so steep that tutorials have to be explicit, very step be step. However at this stage most of the students should be able to figure out the technical side more and more on their own. What I get from Michael, having watched his lectures for about a year now, is that he isn’t a high school maths teacher, not a coder, and not a business man. They are all good people but what I get from Michael is the vibe of an artist. Genuine, the real deal. The nick name I use for him is ‘The Oyster’. Because he can turn grey goo into pearls. We are fortunate to have him as an instructor.

One suggestion may be, to have three to five lessons of new content followed by a revision lesson. No new content in the last lesson and the challenge would reference the ideas presented in the last few . (Just a thought)

Hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms