About 'Duplication'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Learn how to duplicate objects.
  2. Experience how useful the skill can be to rapidly make something.
  3. Great for prototyping.

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Be able to Rapidly prototype shaves and ideas.

(Unique Video Reference: 5_GG_CBC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

This is probably the 5th or 6th attempt to block this scene out.

So far it’s the best attempt and it has me convinced that I’ve been to far into the weeds of getting it looking as real as possible.

3 Likes

My first attempt at something in Blender - before this course I had not done any sort of 3D modeling, never opened blender, so im pretty stoked that i came up with something recognizable! Although it did take me a long time.

The bike is mostly cylinders, the spokes took me a long time, I just eyeballed them, Im sure there is an easier way to do it!

I would have liked to see the well in normal time, as a newbie, I would get a lot of benefit seeing everything you did.!

7 Likes

NICE bike!

That is really good, well done for focusing and nailing something complex! Yes there are “better” ways which we’ll get to soon.

It was fun. Especially thinking like: “Well, there are things I can’t do yet (like hemisphere), what can I use I’ve learned so far to complete the scene?”

6 Likes

Hi Michael , i think you go fast for this new course blender 2.8 . not like the old one
@Michael_Bridges .

How do you find the new pace?

comparing to the previous course it is fast . specially for beginners and non-native speakers

For a complete beginner, I can follow the pace fairly well and I like how the keys and mouse click info are shown on the screen as you press/click them. This has been a huge help to keep up with the pace.

1 Like

Seeing how quickly you’ve done the well I realize that I have a long way to go, taking into account that it took me over two hours to build this basic desk. But it’s my first work and I’m proud of it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms