About 'Completing Animation Challenge'!

In this video (objectives)...

1. Set up Lizard and Cactus with proper parent-child relationship.
  2. Adding Animator, animation clips, animation events.

After watching (learning outcomes)...

Feeling confident with how the animation system works.

(Unique Video Reference: 27_GL_CUD)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I didn’t feel like recreating the animations after restructuring the parent/child relationship. Also, I don’t think this is a viable solution when you’re restructuring components/animations in a bigger project. So I edited the animation files directly. There’s a nice Youtube video out there explaining the process:

Works like a charm: Unity even reloads the changed files automatically!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this - this is a much better way than recreating everything from scratch!

If I can make one suggestion: maybe stress the importance of structuring objects correctly to begin with? I love the course so far, but I came pretty close to skipping the module after this as mjax solution didn’t completely work. I had to re-do the animation clips from scratch but ended up skimping on a lot of it, just to get through the module.

I got to the point 5:30 into the lecture and where you have the Add Property button enabled in your example it is disabled in mine. I have gone over it several times and I have done everything just as you did, so my only conclusion is it is a difference between the Unity 18 you were using and the Unity 19 I am using.

If I can’t figure it out I guess I will have to pass on Glitch Garden and go to the new version of the class.

Privacy & Terms