About 'Cloning and Building Our Code'!

• Cloning our project.
  • Checking out a lectures state.
  • How Unreal’s build system works.
  • Diagnosing build system issues.

(Unique Video Reference: 7b_BE_URC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I definitely, cautiously am appreciative of this lecture. (If that isn’t too much of an oxymoron) This lecture made Sourcetree come to life for me, not just another way to back up projects but a truly powerful tool to use. As a person coming from a carpentry background, I would liken it to adding my first drill to my tool belt. It doesn’t replace my hammer, but compliments it very well. I said cautiously at the start because if I’m truly honest, it doesn’t feel like my drill but more like I’m 8 years old again and just found my dad’s drill. Many holes in the wall later, it didn’t turn out to be a good experience.

So to sum up, I am very cautiously appreciative of this lecture, but if I “brick” my project or my operating system… I will have a much lower opinion of this lecture.

Cheers guys. Keep up the good work!

The trick with source control is that very little should be lost if it was committed at some stage. Should be hard to lose data but make sure you heed any warnings about files being deleted.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Many items were unable to LOAD

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms