In this video (objectives)…

1. Use Bend Angle
  2. See that it works across many object types in Blender
  3. Convert a curve into mesh

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Be able to adjust your strokes another way

(Unique Video Reference: 12_SG_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

That is a very useful tool. I had to be careful, though, since I used it with a tree. You have to make sure you have all the branches on the limb you are working with selected or they get left out away from the tree.

Still not a great tree but here it is:

I did a little texturing in the shader editor to make it look just a little more realistic.

5 Likes

I went experimental as Michael adviced :smiley:
Here is my Orb-Tree:

10 Likes

That is pretty awesome. Mind If I feature that in the next update of the course trailer?

2 Likes

It would be a honor Michael :slight_smile:

Simple, twisted, sub-surfaced grass.

Grass%20Eevee%20-%20Twist

2 Likes

1 Like

Did a bit of work on my Tree

Nature abhors a straight line

3 Likes

bending tool worked ok but suddenly shift scroll does hardly move forward to the object ? when i move away from the edibale object the steps get bigger again like wtf makes editing impossible. Is that a blender bug or feature?

Tried it on my cactus - Bend Angle is fun to play with.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I just bent down my plant and randomized it a bit. For me the randomizing part is the most effectful, as it helps to make an object that much more natural.

3 Likes

Before and after bend and randomized

3 Likes

3 Likes

gave my grass a bit of a bend. this is hard to do in large scenes I find it so best to do before placing objects in scenes. (just cos moving the 3d cursor around in a scene like this is a nightmare.)

3 Likes

You can always use isolation mode. / on the numberpad. Isolate only the grass in the viewport while you play with it. Repeat press to remove from mode.

3 Likes

Great tip. ill try that

Privacy & Terms