About 'Area2D - Making Spike Hazards'!

In this video (objectives)…

1 Make an Area2D 2 Instance a Spike Scene 3 Make the level challenging

After watching (learning outcomes)…

How to use Area2D to make level hazards

(Unique Video Reference: 11_HD_GDT)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

A general note: Sometimes you are to quick in your interaction in the screen. This is making it more difficult to follow you. It would be better to take some more time or exaggerate/overstate the action you are doing. The reason for this is when you are flying around your screen with the mouse it can be hard to see. Additionally, it would be good to also be somewhat more considerate to people with various disabilities.

Example of this can be people with reduced colour vision or colour blindness. One why to help these are to give the numbers used on various colours or by showing the numbers. Another thing can be to highlight the mouse courser or add highlights. This is no problem doing with Camtasia as I do understand you are using for the screen recording and editing.

3 Likes

Excellent points - I’ll look into those ideas.

2 Likes

Been wracking my brain. Converted the two spikes into a tileset like the platforms, but for the life of me can’t get the body_enter collision to register. Do the instances of the spikes within the tileset not inherit the script from the parent node the spikes are based off of?

If memory serves, converting to tileset won’t carry Area 2D information.

1 Like

thanks!

Privacy & Terms