A small query regarding Visual Studio

Hey guys I’m having a bit of a problem getting the extra description that is showing up for Ben in the tutorial. When I type addforce and press enter as Ben has done at this point (vid at 6:12).
Capture
i get nothing.

When I hover the cursor over the word(s) all i get is a definition of the function.

Hard to tell from the info given, but one thing to consider is that you may not always see the Instructors mouse pointer, depending on the software they are using when recording. So for example, whilst it looks like Ben has typed that code and then only hit enter, he may actually have his mouse over the method name which makes the definition appear in the little hovering context dialog.

With regards to your example, what happens if you actually finish the line of code correctly, so that there isn’t an error present, e.g. add the brackets and the semi-colon and then hover the mouse over the top of the method? Note, you may have to fix the other errors (transform and keycode) also so that the code compiles before the intelli-sense help can work out what it’s looking at.

Privacy & Terms