A Repeat Question In Search of More Clarification - Flip X vs flip the Scale

Hello,

I read the other posts that had responses by other community members but I was curious if there was any advantage or reason to using the scale flip (as Rick did) versus using the FlipX bool in the SpriteRenderer.

My guess was that maybe by changing the x scale any projectiles or other components would also flip, but upon further thought that would only happened if we rotated the GameObject, not scale (or would it?)

Thank you!

The advantages and drawbacks are exactly what you guessed, using the scale flip will move all the components, but that might not necessarily be the kind of behavior you’d like all the time, for that use the Sprite Flip.

Here’s an example of that, look at the scale and green dot, look how it moves the green dot’s position when setting the scale to -1.

How you flip a sprite is pretty situational, like the local position, if it’s a child or not, if you want to flip just a certain part of a sprite that uses several sprites, so be sure to experiment.

1 Like

Thank you Yee! I appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms