A graphics tablet that work with blender especially in sculpting.?

Can any one suggest me a graphics tablet (not the display one) that work with blender especially in sculpting as well as in grease pencil ?

I think every graphics tablet is compatible.
But it’s more about the work size, resolution and sensitivity of the pen. And also buttons on the pen.
And maybe weight (if you want it to turn around like a paper).

Also, my experience is that it takes time to get used to it.
Also, with sweaty hands, on a smooth plastic surface, is difficult to draw fluidly.
So many designers used gloves.

I have a simple (old Wacom) thing, for many years now. I use it for Illustrator sometimes, or GIMP.
And also to sculpt in Blender. But I don’t use it that much, because I don’t use it that much.
Every time I start using it, a learning curve … productivity (creativity) slows down so I dislike it and stop.
Also, you need room on your desk. And I’m used to using Blender hotkeys, so my keyboard needs also on the table.

For me, its love and hate. So maybe don’t spend too much money on it, at first?!

4 Likes

Nothing much to add. They all should work.

I guess their usefulness depends on how much you end up using them. Like Fed_Pete I do not find them that beneficial, probably decades of being used to the mouse! Using the buttons on them is haphazard, accidental at times, again probably down to it not being a primary tool used every day.

I suspect though if you are stuck with a laptop, not a computer, anything is better than a touchpad! :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks
:grinning:

I have the Huion 1060PLUS (8192), for the price and features, it is a valuable tool and works very well for me. It’s intuitive and easy to customize the buttons.
I’m not very good with it yet though, since it’s my first one, it’s a learning curve for sure, but it’s fun.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms