A City/Town building simulation game

I’d love to see a tutorial for a City Building game in the vein of SimCity, Tribez, Townsmen, and similar games. Could incorporate procedural generation of starting and expanding areas, balancing of resource allocation, random events (weather, attack, alien invasions, etc.)

12 Likes

Nice. I’m on board! :slight_smile:

Agreed, this would be very cool. If we can get this in UE4 I am interested.

1 Like

I’m interested on it but for Unity!

1 Like

This was exactly my idea! I would like to create a simulation / tycoon game in the Unreal Engine.

There are lots of things to learn in a simulation game:

• Building (Zones, districts, decoration(!)),
  • A grid system (Or maybe free building),
  • Random events,
  • The bahaviour of the citizens (hobbies, thoughts, studies etc.),
  • ai for traffic and public transport,
  • Economy and finances
  • World generation
    etc.

+1 vote for this idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cities Skyline is the best City building game in the market now, and was made in Unity. So I believe it should be the main reference :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep I played Cities Skylines a lot last few weeks.

I’m so hyped to make something like this in a Rollercoaster tycoon 2 / low poly style game. I have so many ideas xD

I agree. I think city building ( as a wider genre) games are among the most entertaining games I have ever played: Rome, Pharao, Sim City and Civilization.
I would prefer it to be in Unity, but I would enroll even if it is done for Unreal.

Daydreaming: I’ve always yearned for the day in which simulations can be used to help solve world’s problems. Having a base engine to do this is certainly a step in the right direction.

I’m on board with this in UE4. Fantastic idea. City-building/empire/tycoon style games are my favorite style anyway. :slight_smile:

Great Idea! I will prefer to be made with Unity engine but I will take the course anyway

This Would be exactly What i’m looking for. I haven’t been able to find Any City-builder tutorials so far, so I would definetely enroll. I prefer unity, but would enroll anyway.

That sounds very interesting

I would love to see this for the Unity Game Engine!

Privacy & Terms