A Burning Village, a Broken Hero and a Mysterious Stranger

Hi everyone! I took a fairly conventional path with this first scene. We start with a peaceful village. Children are playing, the adults are planning for a harvest festival and the sun is shining. Then… darkness descends. Raiders burst into the village and the sounds of laughter and conversation are replaced by screams for lost family members.

Our hero arrives at the end of the “battle”… if it could be called a battle. A massacre is more like it. A small girl meets him on the path to the village and tells him of the community’s fate.

Our hero rushes to the village… but, he is too late. His family is dead and the village is in flames.

He chases the bandits into the forest, but, finds himself hopelessly outnumbers. He is knocked out. Darkness.

Our hero wakes up in a small hut. A single lantern burns on a dusty old table. A mysterious stranger appears and the quest begins.

I know that I’ll need to think of a larger hook here… perhaps I’ll find something special in the character when I think about why he left the village in the first place. Was he learning magic? Training under a famous knight? We’ll see…

3 Likes

Now that’s a prototype! Very nice :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms