A big problem

I believe there is a big problem as of now, it might be dealt with in future.
But as of now whenever we are sensing, we do it regardless of Enemy, Neutral or Friendly. If we would place two guards instead of one, they both will detect each other and can cause some problems.
Is this problem addresses later on?

He does address it but for me I noticed my AI behavior is extremely temperamental and I dont know why… Let me know if it works for you because my AI doesnt work at all right now.

It does. What problem are you having?
Maybe I can have a look?

Some very temperamental behavior I havn’t solved… I can link my project to you here:

You’re gonna have to add in the AnimStarterPack, StarterContent, and FirstPerson c++ assets since I didn’t track anything in those folders.

I made a ready weapon button similar to sprint, so you need to press Shift to aim your weapon.

I made a post about this behavior a few days ago here:

Holy **** I think i just figured it out…

In the video he has this logic where if the other AI have a tag called enemy, then ignore them. I just noticed that in my version, for whatever reason, this check is backwards. What we actually want is the enemy to set its sense target IF the detected pawn IS the enemy. So instead of having the AI have the tags of Enemy, I simply made my character the one who was the enemy, and suddenly, all the ass-backward behavior stopped! WTF!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms