93: It is not Rocket Science with Michael A. Stackpole

“If anyone tells you cannot do something - they are lying. It might be hard, but don’t ever let someone tell you can’t do something”- Michael A. Stackpole

This week we interview Michael A. Stackpole this episode. We ask him everything from game design to writing. He is an American science fiction and fantasy author best known for his Star Wars and BattleTech books. From 1977 on, he worked as a designer of role-playing games for various gaming companies and wrote dozens of magazine articles with limited distribution within the industry. Mike gives great advice on going after whatever creative endeavor you want to go after. GameDev.tv students will find tons of value listening to this episode. We guarantee you won’t regret listening to this episode.

Follow the links below to listen to the podcast. Too busy! Listen on the way to work or while cooking.

https://www.gamedev.tv/p/video-game-development-podcast

Stay tuned for our next episode!

1 Like

Just listened to this podcast while I was doing some pixel art.

The last part was really amazing. I very recently played Star Tropics and I was amazed by how ambitious that game is, it was truly inspiring how the developers managed to create a game like it with such limited technology, it even has cutscenes.

Privacy & Terms