7.193: Various Varieties Of an Old Man

The Old Man now has his hair textured- plus some other modification that were fun to produce (no Eyelashes yet, sorry @NP5 :

Plus some accessories:

This was playtesting with glasses options- attempting a Mr. Mctaggard- would need a different expression, more wide eyes, and so on. But workable.

Glasses that I made using the help of the Mirror modifier.

GLASSES NODES
Instead of using Glass BSDP, I used the Refraction one instead. I used a front a and back for the glass. It was interesting to see how I could change the magnification simply based on how I moved the glass. However, the Refraction allowed me to control it much better.

The Light fall off helps keep the eyes out of shadows. It added light to my glasses. Something perhaps to keep in mind if I wanted to make a flashlight or rather a T.V screen with an image, but on the old guys face… A little strange…

(I cheated with a little point light for the glow effect)

I asked him about his glasses, and he replied “yes, they might look a little creepy in the dark, but they were meant to help you to read in the dark”

It makes me think that with such a contraption one might need a stronger prescription very soon. Perhaps he is an Eye doctor on the side?

CONCLUSION:
All and all it is interesting how changing up hair, or removing it, makes a difference to the overall face. The glasses themselves seem to reduce the age a little rather than adding to it.

13 Likes

Lots of playing! I like him full beard, and is good for Mr McTagget with the glasses.

2 Likes

I suppose we can have a comparison:

Beard Perhaps whiter, eyes a little more open, and the shirt has to change. The biggest problem, of course, being that he is still pretty bodyless. In due time. Who knows, maybe I will make an “inbetween” Mr. McTaggard: not blocky but quality “cartoony”?

1 Like

The different ages of McTaggard. His head god squarer and his beard whiter with age!

2 Likes

Perhaps because he likes to square things away in his mind?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms