7.181: An Ear I Fear!

Howdy Blender others,
those happy or with druthers,
I present what some do fear,
the Sculpting on an ear!

Some are much to small,
others as elephants,
perhaps mine will make us Lol,
with strange head shapes and strange head dents!

Here is my masterpiece, my hardwork up to the ears! I am pretty confident that this bears a close resemblance to Rick.

Face work3Face work4

Oh wait…
Wrong picture…

Face work5

Nope still wrong…Let me see…
Ah Found it :slight_smile:

Face work
Face work2

Never mind, the reference picture must be Rick when he is 80.

It still requires some work, but that is the nature of a less then half project. But some likeness is slowly coming along.

I found that one of my art courses on portrait drawing helped thus far. The dots on the sculpt are roughly aligned with the dots on the references. My top front reference is slightly tilted to the left, so I have had to make adjustments accordingly. These have been helping with proportion.

The Pictures above were just a silly exaggeration of the original. I don’t mind the second set- it could become something mildly entertaining :+1:

6 Likes

Looking a good ‘Rick’. :rofl:

You do know you can put the reference image behind and to the side of the sculpt? It mystifies me why Grant has them off to the side uselessly. Then I found the section all a bit odd preferred the old 2.7 course way.

1 Like

I tried putting them in the middle and side, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to do so!

Just move them. Like any object. Select Grab etc. I tend to just drag and drop into the window from a file editor, having deselected all, and having the right orthographic view set showing so it is all put in the right orientation. Saves correcting its orientation. Still need to scale and place behind as required.

1 Like

How do you see the picture through the sculpt?

Put it in front and lower the opacity. Or flip to wireframe as needed to look at a point, more possible before the resolution get up higher. Basically play with whatever works on the subject.

1 Like

Even behind, your profile outline for example, could be matched to the reference.

1 Like

I figured it out. Someone pointed out that if you go to the shading dropdown menu you can change the options so that you can change the shading colour to texture- then the reference will show through.

But I think I will keep it on the side as well for a quick reference as well.

1 Like

Great discovery. Ideal. So much to Blender it is just getting the info you want together, lots that many use you never come across.

1 Like

Yes. After I did that change, I reduced the alpha on the head and eye material. Now I have the transparency and the reference showing. Thanks for pointing me the right direction.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms