6.172: Dungeon Mood

Down the dank dark halls of the cellar, an expanse of stone, barrels, and crates,
rats (the king of rodents) scurrying round floor stone an tile, to and fro from floor grates.
But as mentioned by one keen observer, “Gunpowder Barrels too close to flame”;
In reply the owner answered, “Lo! Twas supposed to be provisions and wine! Whose to blame?”

I have completed lighting and light emission of this dungeon. I found that I had to play around with the rendering a bit since the point light decided not to render in the Eevee. I also found I had to play with the shadows a bit, for suddenly everything became much slower than what I am used to. Even the Cycles rendered more quickly. So I hacked and slashed at the Eevee rendering options until rendering time picked up. Blender itself crashed a few times in the process. Oh well.

I think the issue was that I had the ambient occlusion much to high, so it was trying to do its eevee guess work at a much higher distance. Apparently 10 is not a good setting :slight_smile:

I chose the lights to be slightly warm and inviting, but the sun light to be green, so that there is a slight ominous tinge lingering just at the edge, depicting that it may not be as safe as it would seem. Perhaps it is a warning, like the one provided by @NP5 concerning those barrels.

Eevee Render:

Cycles Redner:

7 Likes

Great atmosphere.

1 Like

Very good dungeon. Just missing the occasional chained up skeleton, forgotten prisoner.

1 Like

Very well done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice atmosphere! I can see myself slaying bats or skeletons in there. :smile:

2 Likes

Now hold on a moment, I thought this was a relatively mild, somewhat safe, but not completely, root cellar for provisions. First you demanded gunpowder, and now you want chains and skeletons, and even some forgotten prisoner (maybe some long lost cousin, that is he got lost inside the cellar and could find his way out. I couldn’t blame him, where is the exit? Probably a trap door in the ceiling and a ladder)

What will be next? Wraiths and liches? maybe a dragon, or at least a dragon skull? Oh my!

:astonished:

The owner of the Green Keg Inn, Bombel Blunderbust, will be very displeased to hear about these sudden and strange requests. In truth He is as honest as the next man, unless he is sitting beside the local drunk- in that case he does not appreciate the comparison. Like any honest man he keeps his skeletons in graves rather than closets; prisoners are held in local prisons or the in stockades in the town square, all of which the local guard takes care of, which he has never claimed himself to be; and that gunpower incident was very embarrassing. He thought he had enough food and drink for a local festival but instead could only sell gunpowder. From then the inn’s unofficial name by the locals has become “The Powder Keg”- not very good for his reputation you know!

He is not looking to create a multi-source income business, nor does he seek to branch out to new avenues. He would rather stick to local news, food, and drinks.

2 Likes

Well he should never have bought the dungeon as a time share. Other owners use it for other purposes when the tourist season is closed and the pub mothballed. You never know what remnants of other activities might get left behind. Locals actually say his special brew has real body to it.

2 Likes

You have a leg up on me there. I have to hand it to you, I suppose Mr. Blunderbust made a blunder and busted on that one! I suspect that when he does not use it some secret door opens, allowing all sorts of miscreants in, including… shudder… valiant knights! Depending on his level though: if level one, it is your basic “clean out the rats from my basement” gig. Legitimate too! They multiply like rabbits! Good thing they keep the rabbits in the dungeon across the way. If a hardier Knight comes in, perhaps seedier beings are seeded.

Can you imagine the cleanup Mr. Blunderbust has to do every time he returns? Corspes? Tsk tsk? Skeletons? He certainly has a bone to pick with who ever leaves them around. Strangely enough, probably due to some gallows humour, the humourous bones are the ones always left behind :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Amazing! Great work!

1 Like

That would be perfect for some indie souls game

2 Likes

Makes me want to stop courses and start working :).

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms