6.166: A touch of Torch

The torch ended up being an interesting and enjoyable project. While trying not to step beyond too far beyond low poly I wanted to try for something a little more involved:

REFERNCE:

I found it intriguing how slight changes to the rims yielded a different style of torch. Swap it out and now you have a new torch. I can also take that swirly middle out and move the torch flame holder on top of the main handle. I may make a similar wall holder, but I will hold of until later.

4 Likes

Very nice wall lamp. Lots of variations and possibilities.

Goes against the modular concept for ever one to be different!

2 Likes

I really like the metal texture you’ve created for this.

2 Likes

@Digitz, I hope you are not referring to the bottom picture, because it is labeled “reference”, thus not mine. Otherwise, the metal texture on the top is plane old viewport shading.

I suspected that would be the case, but it is also nice to have a variety to choose from. Not that I want to put them all into the scene, as that would be just too gaudy. Too much variety. But having built them now I can use them later as reference materials for future projects, which was what I had in mind. So I may just pick 2 or three, which is what the instructor has been having us do with the other objects anyway.

Besides, what self-respecting construction site would do without a variety of torches? It is like a worksite that has one employee doing important work in the ground and 12 others standing around with shovels, just in case…(unless they simply don’t like him?)

1 Like

I guess I missed the “Reference” label. I bet you could come up with a texture like that though.

1 Like

I changed “reference” to make it a little more prominent. It was pretty squashed between a whole bunch of pictures.

In time I sure I will. And I bet the same for you, if you are not already there :+1:

I have a few ideas of how to make that texture. lol

1 Like

I looked at your profile and work, I believe you have a few ideas too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms