6.164: Module

In a way like days of yore, the instructor bid his disciples to “clean up your room”! Alas, I questioned “do I have to?”, but I dragged my feet to my blender room mess and began to pick up after myself. A pillar here, a crate there, but I made sure to sweep the barrels under the rug where no one will ever see them :smirk:

While this section is flying by quickly, it is a nice breather. All the lessons before hand were always on the go, on to the next thing, new and exciting. Not a bad thing, and sort of energizing at times. But it is nice to kick back, reuse and relearn old skills, and simply enjoy the process. I don’t mind Mr. Abbitt’s teaching style: it is very different but very relaxed and he goes over old processes constantly.

5 Likes

Very good job! I like your thoughts on the course. Do you feel like you are really mastering the techniques?

2 Likes

Mastering? Perhaps. Certainly some aspects I don’t even think about anymore. If I were to go back to some of the first lessons, I could see myself recreating the various models without the lessons on hand or branch off into some of my own models, albeit still lower poly for the time being. At least until I learn more about texture techniques.

Thus far I have 124 pages of old school handwritten notes (all my classes get to have notes), and counting. I have toyed with the idea of cleaning it up, organizing it, adding an index and reference different parts of it in Word document as a handy classroom reference or manual for GameDev. But that is neither here nor there at the moment. I still have this class to finished :wink:

1 Like

Looks like the construction yard is filling up there!

2 Likes

Yep, soon I should be hauling in a hall and some dirt. I am also looking forward for a torch pile in a little while, maybe I will move it by the broken tile? Perhaps I should load up a well and a robot in here somewhere? As you probably know, beer cellars, dungeons, wells, and robots all go together.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms