5.144: Camera, lights, action!

I have fiddled around with the camera a little more now, and added a sort of title screen. Nothing fancy, just grease pencil, and probably incorrectly too :slight_smile: . I drew in things and had them deleted before and after I wanted them to appear.

Likewise, since I know very little about lights and animation, I did a flicker, which won’t be visible while unrendered, which consists of moving the light away one frame after and then returning it. Visually works, but so does drawing an ink picture using a potato sharpened at the end dipped in ink. You can get skilled, but please, use a pen.

7 Likes

Have you not got to the course rendering out of the animation bit yet? Presume you are screen recording the animation?
Nicely done with titles and so on!

1 Like

No, that is next class :slight_smile: . I will be getting to that tomorrow.

Yes I am am :+1:

I am looking forward to the next few more technical classes. Guessing from the hints I have been receiving in various posts, I suspect that they will be be very useful. Especially considering the beast that I had just cobbled up.

1 Like

On the first try, you would expect to see small jumps. But not reaching the first book. So That’s why the lamp turns back to have more speed.

The light in the red lamp is a bit strange … only seen on some reflective parts. It creates unwanted attention, which should go to the animation itself.

A massive project, a lot of work!

1 Like

I believe this is so for two reasons.

1. I have not turned off any of my extra lights that are hidden from view but still affect the scene. So when the orange lamp moves to certain locations, we get unexpected lighting that does not match the scene (as of yet).

2. The emissive light will not come through the material in the Material view. So the only spot it will show up is through the “mouth” of the lamp . So at certain angles, like in issue one, we get sudden and unexpected flashes of light.

The first issue should resolve itself as I tighten up the rest of my scene. The second once I start working in the proper viewing modes and begin some rendering.

Strangely enough, not really: amount of time, yes, but just picking at it an hour or two here and there makes it seem like I have not spent that much time at all.

I was a little worried that my overall learning out start to degrade, but I have been finding each section of the animation is pulling all of what I have learned so far together. Each piece of the animation is like a mini lesson or a mini project in itself:

• This lamp needs to move this way to this location: now I get to learn how to move the lamp and solidify my knowledge in the different animation tools.

• Oh! These grey boxes should be books! Back to modeling for a bit- maybe I can brush up on my shader materials while I am at it.

• Those portraits look bare, lets throw in a parrot in one of them, and toss some other works of mine in the paper on the desk for good measure- now I can return to the lessons on importing images to planes.

• The lighting needs such and such a colour, or go over here… etc.

1 Like

Point is, you do things where your interest lies and that is storytelling/animation. Obvious you’re spending more time on these aspects. Which is not lost time! But experience building. :slight_smile:
And having fun is also a great motivator.

1 Like

That’s an impressive amount of detail!

2 Likes

I believe you got me there. It is true, I do not mind storytelling and animation. I used to used entire dictionaries to create stick flipbook animations when I was in elementary school, maybe even highschool. So much for learning any real words from them though…

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms