40% course review. Thoughts

Hello Hugo,
Just finished 40% of the course and a bit confused. Looks like I just repeating what you’re doing.
I’m know that you are great programmer, but in this course I expected to see a bit deeper explanation of what your are doing here and there, and may be not so fast. May be I have lack of experience for now, but some explanations a very strange for me. For example I almost sure that everyone on this course know what is private and public filed and why and how they are working (which is you explained thou) but then you dive into constructors or singletons and nothing about “why” and “where” should we use them and where do not. I provided only two examples but there are still a lot the same small issues in my opinion. I hope along the course there are will be deeper explanation of some core concepts, but this is my opinion only about 40% of the course.
Anyway, I already found a lot of useful information and I will definitely complete the course, but I think I studying in the wrong way and need to study some patterns before (What I expected to see in this course too). May be here you can provide some advices how to study your course more efficiency by your professional experience.

Thanks,
Andrew

3 Likes

But I did talk about why using the constructor in the Grid System for setting it up and why doing that requires not extending MonoBehaviour, maybe you missed that first lecture? I also explained why the use of singleton the first time I use them, I remember talking about the problem they solve, how there was a need for a reference and the singleton is an easy way to get it.

What part of my explanations did you find insufficient?
I’m always available here if you need extra clarification on anything.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms