4.25 VSCode Intellisense Bug - Still can't fix it

Hey everyone!

I apologize in advance for my ignorance when it comes to coding, I have very little experience in this field.

I’m working on a Mac (macOS Catalina 10.15.6), I have UE 4.25.3 and the latest version of Visual Studio.

After pasting the missing “defines” into c_cpp_properties.json, and changing the names to my project, I still get this error code:

I’ve also tried solving this issue following this other video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGUnRNMyjsU&feature=youtu.be) but it didn’t work either.

Any and all help will be very appreciated :slight_smile:

Inside the same c_cpp_properties.json do you have anything in the includePath , specifically ones that go to your project’s Source and one to its Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc ?

e.g.

E:\Projects\Repos\Unreal\MikeBC\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Source
E:\Projects\Repos\Unreal\MikeBC\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc

Though replace Win64 with Mac

I encountered the same issue. And I checked my IncludePath, which includes the following paths:

"/home/arky/files/Unrealcpp/BullCowGame-starter-kit/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Inc/BullCowGame",
            "/home/arky/files/Unrealcpp/BullCowGame-starter-kit/Source",
            "/home/arky/files/Unrealcpp/BullCowGame-starter-kit/Source/BullCowGame",

Not sure if it is correct for linux configuration. And my error message looks like:

#include errors detected. Consider updating your compile_commands.json or includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (/home/arky/files/Unrealcpp/BullCowGame-starter-kit/Source/BullCowGame/BullCowCartridge.cpp).C/C++(1696)

cannot open source file "Windows/WindowsPlatform.h" (dependency of "BullCowCartridge.h")C/C++(1696)

Hi Dan, thanks for getting back to me.

I found those lines and they seem ok, although I noticed the line “…UE4Editor/Inc” was written like this: “…UE4Editor/Inc/BullCowGame”.

I tried both ways and it still gives me the same error.

Hello again Dan!

I’ve reinstalled the game and unpacked everything inside my “Unreal Projects” folder, fixed the “defines” with the code you guys provided and that apparently did the trick!

I’m not sure what was happening before, maybe the name I gave to my initial folder was bugging the code or something.

Anyway, thank you for your help and attention man!

Yeah we don’t have the defines for Linux, sorry. If you downgrade to 4.24 it should work and if you do please post the defines so others can use them.

Alternatively wait for 4.26 as the Unreal issue tracker has this bug marked as fixed for 4.26.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms