Not sure where I should put this, so I choose the Blender community!
I’m doing a small challenge two improve two things that are keeping me away from finishing a game project I’ve wanted to make for quite some time!
It’s time to strengthen my weaknesses which are those two topics; 3D modeling and 2D animation, so here goes nothing.
I started by doing the keyframes, the first and last, then I filled up the gap with other frames, at the start there were more but that made the animation look really slow and I wanted a faster movement. I deleted some of the frames and I ended up with that, I’m not nearly satisfied with it, it looks like the warrior is taking a small leap instead of taking a step which is the effect I wanted, that occurred because I deleted the wrong frames. The slice effect looks so bad, supposedly, it was a frontal slice, not an upwards slice.
It’s just so, so bad.
I’ll redo it during the last day of this 30-day challenge. To see my improvements.
I really need to start using Blender more often, I didn’t name my cubes on time, you can imagine the mess I ended up with, I had a really hard time remembering the hotkeys and navigating through the scene, I’m just so used to Unity. I also need to start taking into consideration the scale of things, that sign was almost as big as the trees at some point, which was hilarious.
Overall, I like the scene, it could have looked better, but I’m happy with it, not as disappointed as with the animation, which is a good thing.