3-Point-Render - Dwarf in the woods

I’ll be honest… when you said we could take any of our previous works as well, the challenge really got me :smile:
What you see is the maincharacter of a videogame I am working on.

Too sad that I haven’t figured out how to implement some fire in the left forground instead of the plants, would have been more fitting to the colors.

9 Likes

I don’t now how to implement proper fire too, but if I understand you idea correctly you could imitate it with a couple of buildings in the background, a little bit of fog to cover lack of unnecessary details and imitate a smoke and a proper lighting (two or three sources from red to orange should be enough) to create a mood.

1 Like

Hey there, thanks :slight_smile:That sounds like a good idea! I am on the volumetric video about fog right now :grin:

1 Like

Oh, I actually misunderstood your initial intention :sweat_smile: What you wanted was a fire like a bonfire.
My bad.
By the way would you like to join our weekly challenge?

Haha, sorry, I might have misunderstood you as well in that case :laughing:
Still I like the idea of pointing the fire out by using smoke and lights alone, without an actual fire.
Often the things which are not shown have a higher impact to the stuff which is visible - somehow like in a mystical or horrormovie.

Sorry for my unknowing question, but what weekly challenge? :thinking:

You can check it here

1 Like

Oh ok, that sounds kinda interesting, thank you for the informations about these challenges!
The dwarf himself might not be fitting as the limitations say “no black and white”. Also I am not quite sure if Cinderella needs a dwarven adventurer to get to the ball… as long as it isn’t quite a distance through the dark woods or some other dangerous route :smirk:

Of course she needs him! Who else will drink those two barrels of dwarven ale they bought for a ball?

But I like you variant too - it could be quite a scene!

Obviously the dwarf has plenty of reasons to accompany fine Cinderella, he should definately be there :joy:

1 Like

Cinderella needs a footman, dwarf. lol

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms